May 17, 2016

Milling rice machine in my house



This is a rice polishing machine in my house. にこにこにこにこ
Many of Japanese buy white rice in a supermarket, but we buy brown rice from a farmer directly. So we need to polish brown rice to white rice.
I will show you how to use it in a following video.aya




These are rice both that we buy from a farmer and that is milled.


I put brown rice into the polishing machine.ういんく
I decide how much unpolished part of rice I should leave and it contains a lot of vitamin B.踊る
When I tried to polish less and less before, when I selected under 50%, 
it didn't taste good, tastes rice bran a lot. So I set it at 70 %.うまうま



Then, I will talk about "Shinmai" rice here, too.ayaaya
"Shinmai"rice means new one, "Komai" does old one.

"Shinmai"rice is appreicated more than "Komai."くま
We harvest rice from September to October, and then rice is milled, packaged and sold in a shop as a brand of "Shinmai".踊る
It has more moisture than "Komai"by itself, and we have to pay attention to reduce the amount of water a little because of the moisture in rice.注意
When it's cooked "Shinmai" is very moist, plump, soft and very delicious.

Do you know that there are so many kinds of rice brands in Japan.ayaayaaya
It's about 300 rice brands here because it has been improved according to the climate and soil there. わーい
We can enjoy different tastes of rice. The most famous is "Koshihikari", especially the "Koshihikari" in Nigata Prefecture.うまうまうまうま

No comments:

Post a Comment