Jun 6, 2016

Mom's home cooking for my daughter...



When I asked my daughter about her favorite home cooking I make,にこにこ she answered "Kyu-ri no Kyu-chan", which means pickled cucumbers....あせ

I thought she would answer hamburger steaks, grilled chunk of pork or beef, deep-fried rice cakes. But she answered the pickled cucumbers that we eat only in summer, because we get a lot of cucumbers from the yard in summer at once and I am worried about how to eat all the amount without throwing them away.苦笑

I will share the recipe here, it's very simple and can keep them in a refrigerator for a while.aya

The recipe of pickled cucumbers in Japanese


黄色チューリップ《Ingredients》黄色チューリップ


1 kg  cucumbers
2 teaspoons  salt
20-30 g  ginger

*250cc soy sauce (I always changed from 300cc)
*200g  suger
*50cc  vineger


1. Cut Cucmbers into 7-8 mm in width, sprinkle salt and keep as they are for more than 30 mins.

2. Put the seasonings * in a pan, boil it.
    Squeeze cucumbers, put them and ginger into the pot and heat it until the seasonings boil again.

3. Remove the pot from the heat, keep it cool down.
    Take cucumbers and ginger out of the pot.

4. Heat only the seasons* come to the boil, and stop the heat.  And then, go back the cucumbers and ginger to the pot.

5. After cooling down, put them into a container and keep it in a refrigirator.

*You can use the seasonings once more again for pickled cucumbers and seasonings to grill, roasted or deep-fried meats.

No comments:

Post a Comment